What kind of "New years resolutions" do you have as a photographer?
I'm Starting one of those 365 projects. And I plan on sharing on my blog how I use digiKam and Rawtherapee in my "workflow" (Not sure if I'm qualified to use that term :P ). There doesn't seem to be much on the inernet on the subject of photography on Linux... besides allot of people who seems satisfied with just using UFRaw + Gimp. :/
Same as last year, increase the ratio of keepers without lowering my standards.
The year before I has a 1:10 ratio (I deleted 90% of images I took) and I finished with about a 1:8 ratio (deleting now 87%). I want to eventually stop shooting the bad pictures by better previsualization and finding more creative to make things look interesting.
I'm adding two this year:
- Learn panning (might seriously affect my previous goal though ;)
- Try out high-speed photography (water drops and splashes mostly)
- Take some walks to take some photos.
- No, really, plan some more time to look for possibilites instead of taking pictures along on the walk to somewhere. Be it on bike or on foot, just go somewhere to explicitly concentrate on taking photos there.
- Analyze my pictures from the last parties with Exposureplot and decide on ~50mm or ~85mm prime.
- Buy a flash. Maybe. :)
Build my reputation by sticking to my guns about charging for shoots requested of me and nailing the shoots in the process. I've only been doing this for six months so it's vital people don't get the "shoots for free" reputation going around.
Master some general off camera lighting for said shoots, thus building my reputation of being able to deliver.
Check my framing for tips of elbows, feet and even spacing.
Amongst other things.