I was shooting some runway stuff last week and the built-in bounce flip-card came out completely. I tried re-inserting it during the show but it only crimped at the edges.

Do I need to take the flash head apart to re-insert? Or would it be better to get an accessory bounce card?

BTW, the 14mm diffuser still functions normally i.e. AE with Nikon D lenses.

2 Answers 2


I had the same with my V860, but managed to get it back in quite easily.

I took the 14 mm diffuser half out, and then inserted the bounce card behind it starting with one side, so a little tilted. Then pressed the side that was in already firmly against the edge and gently pushed the other side in too.


If it was me, I'd just get a cheap bounce reflector that attaches to the top of the flash head with an elastic band. In fact, that's what I often use with my camera mounted speedlights or off-camera speedlights in 'run-and-gun' situations, even though the pull-out bounce cards on my flashes are all intact.

The one I use the most is the smaller of the two that came in this 2-piece kit with one small and one larger reflector. I paid about $15 for both. The larger one is a little unwieldy for on-camera use but does nicely for quick off-camera usage. I can set the flash mounted on the supplied "foot" on a table and aim it at my subject to get off axis light, shoot, and then grab the flash and move on in a matter of seconds.

enter image description here

If you don't want the larger one, you can find kits with two of the smaller example for about $10.

Most of the smaller ones have a white side and a silver side. The elastic can be easily flipped to either side to use whichever side you want.

enter image description here

  • Yeah...this is what I was thinking also. I was just hoping there would be a simple way of getting the card back in. Apr 9, 2021 at 15:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.