I have a run-of-the-mill digital camera with a 1/4-20 UNC tripod connector.

I found a tripod in the trash and would like to connect my camera to it.

However, it's either missing a bit, or a completely different system.

Is there an adapter I could purchase, or some other way to make this tripod fit?

top part of the found device showing a extension arm with some kind of thumbscrew


1 Answer 1


That is not a camera tripod. It looks more like a light stand, music stand, or microphone stand with a part missing.

It may be stable enough for a small camera but you would have to jury-rig something to make it work for you.

I would start by removing the upper part to see if it has a 1/4" or 3/8" stud that could be used to mount a camera tripod head.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ In any case, unless your space is limited, keep it, it is useful to mount flashes, microphones, backgrounds, reflectors.... \$\endgroup\$ Nov 2, 2018 at 23:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.