I a looking for advice for purchasing some beginner interior studio gear for a budget of around €1000.
This is for the photography team of a school festival, where we are planning on taking studio-quality images of a few hundred performers.
From what I've gathered so far (I have not used professional studio gear in the past), this is our budget layout:
- 2 x Godox X-Pro C (for Canon bodies) transmitter = 2 x 67 = 134 eur
- 3 x Godox SK400II = 3 x 149 eur = 447 eur
- 10 x 20 ft Neewer background = 38 eur
- walimex 120-307cm Telescopic Background System = 85 eur
- 2 x Andoer Godox softbox w/ Bowens mount = 2 x 60 eur = 120 eur
- 22 x 90 cm Rectangular strip softbox w/ Bowens = 49 eur
- 3 x = Manfrotto 5001B Aluminium Stand = 3 x 49 eur = 147 eur total = ca. €1020
I am sure there are plenty of inconsistencies and glaring errors in this plan if a seasoned photographer looks at it. Any advice would very much appreciated :)
On another note, does the X-Pro C transmitter need to be coupled with a receiver? We will be using a range of Canons and Nikons.
There will be up to four people 'on set', but mostly we are aiming to do full-body shots—ideally with two studio setups simultaneously.