- Owner of Nikon D5200 (and some others).
- Usually shooting RAW+JPEG, exposing to the right whenever the scene allows it but avoiding digital clipping especially in the sky.
- Engineer with advanced knowledge on digital signal and image processing, theory and practice.
- Trying to know and use appropriate shoot-time settings and programs (for example, portrait mode indeed produces very different results, sports mode easily goes to ISO 800 but not beyond even in low light which is not always good).
- Processing RAWs in darktable with or without basecurve or tone mapping depending on the dynamic range of the scene, for a result with often finer resolution, less noise overall and more details in dark and bright areas than the camera JPEG -- though sometimes the camera JPEG shows that camera knows the sensor better than darktable does.
This is the photography-specific profile. I'm a software professional for all missions dealing with software source code, with a strong bias towards very high quality. For details see my network profile.
Member for 5 years
19 profile views
Last seen Jun 3 at 12:45