Use this tag only only if the question involves photo processing using Adobe Photoshop itself. General photo processing questions can use the "image-manipulation" tag, while questions not about photo processing are off-topic - see the tag wiki entry for suggestions where these questions can be asked.

Photoshop is Adobe Systems' software for image manipulation and photo editing; although "photoshop" is often used as a generic term for image manipulation, this tag shouldn't be used unless the question is actually specific to Adobe Photoshop.

Adobe now uses the name to refer to a "family" of products, but common usage and this tag retain focus on the core, original program, which Adobe refers to as "Photoshop CS".

Note that Photoshop questions relating to photo processing are on topic for the site, but general questions on using the software for image editing should go to other Stack Exchange sites or


Comparisons to other post processing software

Resources, tutorials, plugins