darktable is an open source photography workflow application and RAW developer. Apply this tag to questions about using darktable to process and enhance your image files. Do not use this tag to ask questions about general software support, such as how to install the software on a particular system.
darktable (officially written with a lowercase d) is free, open source software for the processing of RAW image files produced by digital cameras. It is available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, and macOS.
- Fully non-destructive editing of white balance, exposure and curve, cropping, rotation and many adjustments and enhancement filters;
- Import from a variety of image formats including high dynamic range files;
- Export to 8-bit standard formats, 16-bit formats, and high dynamic range formats;
- Built-in ICC profile support for sRGB, Adobe RGB, XYZ and linear RGB;
- Search image collections based on tags, ratings, and colour labels;
- Support for XMP sidecar files to store image metadata alongside image files;
- Translations for eighteen languages including German, French, Spanish, and simplified Chinese.
Visit the official website for the user manual, installation instructions, plus further details and news.