Skip to main content

Questions tagged [lo-fi]

The tag has no usage guidance.

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
2 votes
1 answer

Can a detached rewind crank on a Superheadz UWS leave my film accidentally exposed?

I'm using a Superheadz UWS toy film camera. After loading the film and closing the backdoor, I went out and took a test shot. All of a sudden I noticed that the film rewind crank part was detached (...
Erisa's user avatar
  • 21
12 votes
6 answers

Is it possible for a hobbyist to create a lens element?

Is it possible for a hobbyist to create/mold/grind/polish a lens element? There seems to be lots of astronomy hobbyists polishing mirrors and occasionally a large lens element. Is there an equivalent ...
BrendanS's user avatar
  • 221
2 votes
4 answers

How does this TLR camera expose properly?

I found a DIY TLR camera kit that lets you build the camera from parts, then use it to take photos. What I don't understand, is that the specs list: ...
dpollitt's user avatar
  • 46.6k
1 vote
1 answer

Does the Canon 50D have a picture style for Lomography?

Is there a Lomography picture style software for Canon 50D, are there custom camera settings I could use to achieve a similar effect?
Simon Soon's user avatar
32 votes
3 answers

What is a zone plate?

I was looking into alternative methods of photography and I happened upon something called a 'zone plate.' Three questions: What is a zone plate? How does it work? What can I do with it?
Jay Lance Photography's user avatar
14 votes
6 answers

Is there an easy way to force chromatic aberration?

A couple of months ago I was playing with my camera and a magnifying glass and I noticed that this glass produced a very soft chromatic aberration. Although the effect was pretty cool, I couldn't ...
Andres's user avatar
  • 5,034
10 votes
3 answers

Can a dSLR be safely made into a pinhole camera?

What exactly is pinhole camera? The wikipedia article says A pinhole camera is a simple camera without a lens and with a single small aperture — effectively a light-proof box with a small hole in ...
sat's user avatar
  • 1,727
8 votes
4 answers

How do I get a a soft, washed-out film effect with a digital camera?

I use digital for the convenience aspect of it, but sometimes I take a picture and can't help thinking that the soft, slightly "faded", washed-out look would be nice. How would I go about getting ...
Neil Barnwell's user avatar