If I try to focus by the shutter button the image doesn't change, even in live view (and I'm not be able to shot a picture). But if I hold the "AE-L/AF-L" button and click the shutter button I'm able to take a picture (but without focusing my subject).
Things to highlight:
- When my camera fell down it was inside a soft camera case, inside a backpack.
- The day my camera fell I didn't use it so I don't know if this problem came out after the accident or not.
- If I put my ear close to the lens I can hear the motor that is working.
- The focus selector "L" is not selected (but when it fell it could have been selected).
- Both camera and lens are set to "A" or "AF".
- I removed the battery for some hours and then I have done a factory reset.
- I don't have other lens to test it right now.
- Never updated the firmware.
- Contacts are clean and everything looks good.