Because so many panoramic tools have come and gone unmaintained over the years, I'm having trouble finding a good tool to view panoramas.
In short, I want something like IrfanView, but that also works with Hugin PTO panoramas. Here is a complete "wishlist":
- Quickly browse through a folder containing a mix of both images and panoramas, in order of file name or date taken. (This seems like a rudimentary goal that everyone would do, such as browsing through the panoramas you took on your last vacation, yet I can't find any software to do it with.)
- Pan, tilt, zoom the panoramas
- Handle partial panoramas (less than 360 degrees)
- Handle large panoramas
- Must be free
- Code should be somewhat maintained
- File Format: Because I use Hugin for stitching, an app that directly reads the PTO file without having to output a stitched JPG/TIF would be a huge time and space saver. Otherwise, the viewer should be capable of reading either equirectangular and cylindrical projections, or both.
I've seen the list of viewers on PanoTools wiki, but it was last updated 2 years ago. There are many viewers listed, and many of them no longer exist.