This question IS about:
- Does a macro lens have a shallower DOF at the same settings and focal length as another prime?
- If so, what in the optics is responsible for this?
- Using a Macro lens as a street photography lens.
This question is not about:
- Basics of aperture and Depth of field
- Macro subject distances- this question is about 'real world distances'
Most answers to previous questions either went down this road or did not focus enough optics, which is why I'm asking it again.
EDIT: I agree with all the evidence based arguments provided here. Although based on anecdotal experiences I still remain convinced there is a problem. I do believe flatness of the depth of field is likely the most plausible answer. As I have noticed that I have 'slices' of in-focus areas.
Evidently, the second image is at a closer subject distance. But the depth of field is quite different. And It was shot at 1/1250 second.