T-mount on one side and something strange (similar to Arri PL? on the other)?

![enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Are you sure it's actually a lens? Have you tried taking a picture with it? \$\endgroup\$ Apr 13, 2018 at 10:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't know if it is a lens. But has rotating ring, so could be maybe some kind of close-up part, enlarger or similar. I didn't personally try it because I cannot mount it to my equipment. \$\endgroup\$
    – Dan
    Apr 13, 2018 at 10:49
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ What's the diameter of the threads? If it's 44mm, then you're probably looking at a Miranda-compatible part. If it's 42mm, then what is the thread pitch (either 0.75mm (T mount), or 1mm (M42 mount)). \$\endgroup\$
    – scottbb
    Apr 13, 2018 at 16:07
  • \$\begingroup\$ There's no doubt that T-mount is from one side. Bigger question is what's from the other? \$\endgroup\$
    – Dan
    Apr 15, 2018 at 7:09
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ looks like the objective of a binocular or telescope \$\endgroup\$
    – cmason
    Dec 4, 2018 at 18:07

1 Answer 1


Since it doesn't have any markings I doubt its a lens for any consumer camera. I thought it might have been a DIY type 3D printed lens, but the finish is way better than what I've seen come out of most 3D printers.

My top two guesses

1) Lens for a rifle scope (with some kind of eye pad attached to the other end)

2) lens for night vision binoculars. link


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.