I have photos shot in RAW+JPEG taken with a Nikon D3400 that I have been trying to open and process in Corel Aftershot 3 (not AfterShot Pro) with no success. The photos are saved as .nef files.
Here's how I've tried to open the file so far:
- In the File System tab I used the directory to select the folder with the RAW photos, nothing happens -- I see no pictures in either standard view or thumbnail view; however, if I select a folder with .jpg photos, I can see the .jpg photos and open them.
- If I use the file tab to open a photo, a .jpg photo will open but not a .nef photo, even the same photo saved in two different versions in the same folder.
- If I go to file manager on my computer and right-click the .jpg version of a file, and select open with AfterShot, it will open, but not the .nef version.
- Whether the files were imported via another software or whether I am trying to access the photos from the SD card makes no difference.
None of these methods to open the file worked so I began troubleshooting the software and these are the solutions I've tried that haven't worked:
- I've gone to File > Preferenceces > Import and Cache and have tried checking and unchecking the box to "Create Previews ..." and neither checking nor unchecking has made a difference.
- I've updated the software and was sure that was the solution since it gave me the option to select the files types I wanted to be opened by default. That didn't work either, but I could see an image preview count on the bottom left so it looked like it tried but in the end it showed 0 images.
Searching the AfterShot website did not provide me with any solutions other than those mentioned above. So I tried chat. The agent opened a ticket for me, but my question hasn't been answered yet.