I'm looking to solve this issue of trying to get my DSLR read images to put on the memory card from the computer.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- You click a photo
- Transfer it to your computer from camera cable or card reader.
- Format the card in the camera
- Transfer same image back to the card (no edits/modifications done)
- Camera refuses to read it.
I'm using a Canon 5D Mark 3 and using Image Capture Mac to transfer images if that helps.
- The card is a Transcend Class 10 SD
- The card was formatted inside the camera and nowhere else.
- The file system remains intact.
- No sign of image corruption anywhere. Just refusal to read.