This belonged to my Dad and is probably from the 70's or 80's. I want to find a new home for it (if it is still useful) but I don't know what it is exactly. It appears to be some sort of steadying support which you wear but i'm not sure

  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't know for sure - but I would guess a monopod of some sort, with the bottom of the image being a stabilizing foot and the top being where the camera gets mounted. I would also guess that the straps aren't really indicative of "wearable" gear, but are simply carrying straps. Perhaps a couple pictures from different angles would give more detail. Do any parts extend/rotate/etc.? The top part in particular looks like it might be some sort of pan/tilt mechanism with a handle. \$\endgroup\$
    – twalberg
    Feb 20, 2018 at 12:18
  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you provide more photos of the object, from different angles? What do the buttons on the side do? Can you provide some measurements? \$\endgroup\$
    – scottbb
    Feb 20, 2018 at 12:47
  • \$\begingroup\$ Without a quick-detach mounting plate needed to attach the camera to the top of the device, it's not very usable as is. \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Feb 21, 2018 at 17:02

1 Answer 1


This appears to be a SLIK EZ HOLD chestpod.

Details online are very scarce, so I would presume the model has been discontinued, but the central column is very similar to the current line of SLIK Easi-pod monopods. The manufacturer may have more information about the chestpod if you need its specifications.

I could not find any images of the SLIK chestpod in use, but the design is not dissimilar to this one by Novoflex which may give a clearer idea of how the parts would be positioned in use.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.