I intend to
- shoot Stock photos in a properly lit shotbox.
- At the same time need a "general purpose" lens to shoot objects and landscape (no need for macro neither portraits in close distance).
If these two can be combined, what lens would you recommend for me? If not, my priority is shooting small objects at close distance in the shotbox (at ca 38cm)
- My budget is 700-900$
- My camera is a Nikon D3300
I've come down to
- Sigma 30mm Art 1.4 (30mm on aps-c)
- Sigma 35mm 1.4 (35mm on full frame)
So the sigma 35mm (which seems to be of better quality and with a higher dxomark) would crop to 52,5mm.
I have the sense that a prime lens is what I need because I read all about their higher construction quality and less and uncomplicated optics. Also I believe I have no need to zoom. Am I missing something here maybe? :) Also what about that FOV at around 50mm? Better go for 30mm with half the money? (I see in review videos that the Sigma Art 30mm presents higher abberation and artefacts, in large and small apperture respectively)