enter image description here

I have used a lense filter. Still some red spot appeared in my click.Please help me to sort out this problem. Thankew.

  • \$\begingroup\$ What type of filter did you use? A graduated ND filter or a polarizer? Or a UV filter because you believe it provides your lens with "protection?" \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Commented Dec 27, 2017 at 15:44

1 Answer 1


This looks like ghosting or other flare caused by a reflection off the back of a lens element or filter. Flat filters are often the most obvious offenders.

If you are using a UV filter for "protection"¹, remove the filter. If you are using a graduated ND filter or a polarizer, you must weigh the benefits of the filter versus the benefit of not having a reflection.

¹ For a thorough look at the disadvantages/advantages of using UV filters for "protection," please see this answer to is uv filter a must?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.