I think I'm quite average when it comes to picture taking. Both me and my wife use our smartphones to take pictures and film video snippets of ourselves and our son. But I also use a SLR camera on occation, if I'm at a specific happening (a trip, a birthday etc.).
And I'm looking for a good solution for both storing, archiving and viewing images, without too much hazzle. I've used Lightroom earlier. And I feel I either store and organize the images, but then they are "stuck" on my computer. Or I have them in the cloud making them easily available on my smartphone or by sharing them with my family. But then it's difficult to organize the images. It's also difficult to get the SLR images into the cloud in a simple way, if I want to do anything more than drop them in a pile in my cloud account.
In short, I want:
- to take images and video snippets using both smartphones and an SLR camera.
- to store all images/video snippets on one location, preferably in folders by date (like Lightroom) - both local storage (NAS, file server etc.) or cloud storage would be fine.
- to tag images/video snippets according to events and/or persons.
- to share the library or parts of the library with other persons.
- to view the library both on my Windows computer and on my smartphone (preferably listed by above-mentioned tagging).
I realize this is a little bit of an "I want it all" question. But... can I? :-) And would Photoshop Elements (perhaps in combination with some other smartphone apps) be able to handle this?