This question already has an answer here:
Recently I’m ready to buy a camera before I always use iPhone to taken photos, that’s okay but I want to start a series career you know, go art direction, street shoot, fashion series etc. I’m a designer, basically, but I’m a newbie in the photography field. So I’m indeed a bit confused about which camera choose. I really need your help and tips.
However, I use the camera mainly for below directions:
- art direction
- street shooting (yeah I love street photography), travel,lifestyle etc.
- fashion shooting. I’m also a fashion style blogger, fashion brands model and also my personal fashion brand model. So I need a camera for a lookbook something like this.
- taking photo shoots for my work so I can scan to the computer. I draw a lot, make collages, also make some craft objects. But the iPhone shots are not very clear and professional.
- I’m super love black and white photography. During past time I have taken lots of bw photos via my iPhone. Color photos also my type just more passion for bw though.
- I’m also passionate for shooting portrait, I’m planning start a long-term ongoing project that self portrait , to capture every moment of myself.
- I’ll set a mini-photoshoot studio scene in my home(mainly for art direction, work shoot, food styling, self portrait, my clothing line lookbook etc. so any related accessories and tools recommend would be great as well.
So I have some questions and trying to solve:
- based on my above directions, do you have any camera recommend?
- What’s the most and core points when choosing a camera I should consider?
- my budget is below $1800, $2000 is my upper limit. So is there any good fit camera?
- Ideally, I’ll take the camera anywhere while I go out or travel, so I know lighter more better. BUT based on my above directions, do you think should I buy an SLR camera or Mirrorless camera？Any camera recommend?
- I attached some of my fav photography, please forgive my silly question, but is this possible to see which camera they used? I love these style and color tone too much. Here the reference link: https://www.pinterest.com/nikistudio/for-camera-reference/
- or, how about buying a second-hand camera body + new lens? If this possible?