enter image description here

This kind of photography, I know you must get really high professional questions but just check on this. This pic is not old. It's clicked last year. And I liked how old and smooth this picture looks with a 80s touch and want to click some of these myself. Do you know how I can? Or if this really a trend, what's it called? Please reply on my email 🙏 enter image description here


2 Answers 2


It's called crappy on camera flash photography. But seriously folks, it is not a "STYLE" of Photography it is just not very good photography. Even when on camera flash is exposed properly (which this is not ) it is still not very flattering. Conventional critiquing and judgment aside if you want to do this you will need a camera with a built-in flash or a hotshoe you you can mount a flash on to. You will need to learn to balance the power of the flash with the ambient light in order to achieve a good balance. Adjust your flash compensation to -1 and experiment up or down from that setting. But a properly exposed photo may not be what you are after, so feel free to break the rules.

  • \$\begingroup\$ can I click these with a phone camera \$\endgroup\$
    – 8raghu
    Commented Nov 25, 2017 at 9:30
  • \$\begingroup\$ @SadisticBloke What is it about these photos that you want to emulate with your phone camera? \$\endgroup\$
    – mattdm
    Commented Nov 25, 2017 at 12:55

As Alaska man said, it's not a specific "style". That person used old (film) camera. It COULD BE Polaroid! But I'm sure it's film camera with flash.

I'm personally taking photos on Kiev-60 TTL with Kodak films. To make same photos - use Polaroid OR electronic film camera with flash.

It's impossible to do same shots with phone, because "result" is different. Photos made on phone are more "sharp" than photos made by film camera.

P.S. Buy film camera and you will have a really unforgettable feeling of taking shoot with it. Search on ebay some cams) And check if you have service where your photos can be developed


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.