Lightroom shows jpeg files with a purple cast, but the photos appear normal outside of lightroom. I have included a screenshot which includes the same photo in both Windows Photo Viewer and Lightroom.
Some possibly relevant info:
- The camera is a 10 year old camera, so it is not related to an unsupported new camera model etc.
- The images are all jpegs, so it is not related to a raw conversion problem (this is the common google result)
- The images appear fine in both Photoshop and Windows photo viewer.
- This is a new installation of Lightroom and Windows 10
- Photoshop complained "The monitor profileSamsung Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software." when it started, but it still shows the files fine (i.e. without the purple cast)
- The same jpeg files (same camera and settings) are known to import fine on Windows 7 (with the previous-to-current version of LR) and on my macbook (both current and previous versions of LR).