I was wondering what are the alternative macro techniques people use instead of buying expensive macro optics. I know about single lens reverse macro technique; what other alternative techniques allow you to do quality macro within a budget? If yes:
- What is it called?
- What equipment do you need and (if any) where to buy them?
- Does it support AF/Aperture dial?
- What are the risks associated with it?
- What are the disadvantages of the technique?
- What are the Advantages in your opinion?
Feel free to add your own comments if you want, following the points.
This is a community wiki post, so please put one answer per post, and feel free to improve an item originally posted by someone else.