This question seems similar to this one, but my needs are different :
- I shoot in RAW exclusively
- I'm looking for a 100% offline solution: while traveling, Internet won't be accessible
- the "laptop" solution is too heavy for me: I'm looking for a lightweight solution
- the simplest, the better: one device to rule them all
EDIT: I'm using good old Compact Flash cards (yes, the bigger ones), so I need a device that can read it. If it can read from other cards, this question might be interesting for more people than myself - that's the whole purpose of the website.
Also asked by Rafal Ziolkowski:
Portable Storage Device while traveling
I need storage device which is able to read CF cards and make a backup of my photos while traveling. I do not want to carry laptop (it's bulky) and tablet (too little storage) but looking into some other solutions.
So far I found:
- Epson PXXXX - price is blocker for me
- Jobo Giga Vu - same as above
- Nexto DI - bit better, but still a lot
- Hyperdrive Colorspace UDMA - this looks the best for price/options
- Wolwerine PicPac - cheap, bad opinions
- DigitalFoci PhotoSafe - same as above
- Ex-Pro® Picture 2 Drive - didn't find much about it
So ladys & gents what do you use?