I have a set of developed colour photos taken using 35 mm film which are double exposed. I must have taken a 2nd set of photos using the used film. Can they be corrected?

  • long story short.... switch to DSLR.
    – schnipdip
    Jul 10 '17 at 17:29
  • 1
    ... or go and check out flickr.com/photos/hodachrome to see the creative potential of film double exposures when done properly ;-) Jul 10 '17 at 18:34
  • Sometimes this can result in an Interesting photo. "happy accident" ! Keep them for your grand kids.
    – Alaska Man
    Apr 21 '21 at 18:11

No, you can not correct double exposure.

Film exposure is one way street - you can not reverse the process, just like you can not reverse the changes in the silver ion that has been struck by light (or turn omelette back into eggs).

  • Didn't think so, but worth a try in asking as my photos were from a honeymoon trip! Got a different camera now,
    – Debbie E
    Jul 14 '17 at 15:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.