I have lots of photograph and I want to place them in a grid of my choice like 3x4 or 4x2 grid. And then place that grid on a sheet of 19 inch x 13 inch.

Example: enter image description here

Suppose this a sheet which is 13" x 14". And the grid is 4"x4".I want to place the photos in the grid and I also don't want the edges of the photos to coincide with edges of grid as in the above picture. There needs to be some padding or a border, but everything should come inside 4"x4" square. Then get a print of that sheet and cut the images along the grid lines.

When I had limited photos, I used to do this manually using Corel Draw, adjust each photo's position in a sheet of 13x19 inches. But now I have lots of them.

Is there any other software which I can use for this, or which can make this easy or automate it?

  • \$\begingroup\$ This sounds off-topic here, you should take a look at the software recommendation StackExchange website. \$\endgroup\$
    – Olivier
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 17:26
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @Olivier: It's on-topic if the OP is asking about a way to present photographs. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 17:26
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Possible duplicate of How do I tile pictures in a grid? \$\endgroup\$
    – mattdm
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 17:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ @mattdm agreed that it's similar, but the suggested dupe doesn't seem to be oriented towards printing (I'm assuming), and the accepted answer suggests having to "fiddle" with row spacing. This question is pretty clearly about printing a contact sheet, or an uncut "wallet picture" sheet, without fiddling. \$\endgroup\$
    – scottbb
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 18:44
  • \$\begingroup\$ Is it common practice to cut photographies from a contact sheet? \$\endgroup\$
    – Olivier
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 21:25

2 Answers 2


This is a built-in feature of Photoshop, and has been for quite some time: say FileAutomateContact Sheet II. It does exactly this.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Does the OP have access to PS? \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 17:45
  • \$\begingroup\$ @MichaelClark: The post is tagged photoshop. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 26, 2017 at 18:05

This sounds like a desk top publishing software thing, but since you mention padding and borders you probably know this already. I use Scribus to do something similar to create a poster of holiday photo's each year. It's free but not without it's quirks and certainly not automated.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.