Is there a good hardware solution for generating shaped bokeh? I know Lensbaby has a set of filters that give various shapes — is there a similar solution for other lens?


Bokeh Masters Kit

Available here: http://www.bokehmasterskit.com/

  • This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I wonder if it's worth the $25 to have someone else cut the holes.
    – beggs
    Jul 21 '10 at 5:10
  • It's not, get a rubber band, cut the stencils yourself in a few minutes. You can buy shaped hole punches to make different shapes easier.
    – camflan
    Sep 12 '12 at 15:57

Just cut a hole in a piece of paper, and tape it over a wide-aperture lens? See, for instance, this link and this link.

  • Yea, I've done this. Looking to se if there is a more "manufactured" and less "D.I.Y" solution.
    – beggs
    Jul 20 '10 at 9:10
  • 6
    As far as I can see, all the "manufactured" solutions amount to having somebody else cut a hole in a piece of paper (or, more likely, in a plastic lens cap). The lensbaby "creative apertures kit" is pretty much exactly that, by the look of it. Jul 20 '10 at 9:24
  • Well, technically the Lensbaby ones are metal, but that's just because the tool to remove them from the system is a magnet. :)
    – John Rudy
    Jul 20 '10 at 14:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.