I've been searching for several days now, and while this is a very common problem in Google Land, none of the fixes presented are not working. So far, I have:
- Installed EOS Utilities
- Updated to current version (v2) from Canon site
- Upgraded firmware
- Uploaded and installed
- Tried several different USB cables
- Tried my other camera, a 6D, on the laptop - it wasn't recognized either.
- Tried both cameras on my desktop computer - both were recognized
- Tried all three USB ports. Finally the third one recognized it, and said it was installing the software. "Canon Camera" now appears under "Other Devices" with a yellow triangle.
- Disabled, then enabled it, then scan for hardware changes.
Not sure if it is relevant, but when I launch EOS Utilities, all I get is a screen that says "Connect and EOS Camera" with two options: Pairing over Wi-Fi/lan and Close.
I'm out of ideas. Can anyone here help?