I have taken some pictures over the weekend and think they will look good if the image was in black and white but the main subject was left in colour. I have Photoshop. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

  • Selective color is for if you want to keep only certain specific colors. This question sounds more like the OP wants specific items/areas to be left in full color regardless of hue and the rest of the photo converted to monochrome/gray scale. I've usually heard that referred to mores as "spot color." – Michael C Apr 10 '17 at 4:35

Just mask the area you want to keep in color, and desaturate the rest.



Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.