1) What is the best practice for color profiles embedded in .JPG images, for web? (non print)
- sRGB profile stored in .JPG file ?
- AdobeRGB profile stored in .JPG file ?
- no profile setting in .JPG file (how to remove an exisiting profile in Photoshop?) ?
I do know that there will be color differences from one screen to another (computer, laptop, phone, another phone, etc.) but I'd like to avoid color differences due to a browser / phone photo display app not understanding correctly the profile.
Context: I've shot photos with a Panasonic GF1 (in RAW), then worked on them with Lightroom, then exported them to a .JPG file. And finally I did some minor modifications with Photoshop CS5.
2) How to know the current setting of a .JPG about its color profile?
Here is what I have for a particular .JPG photo (I hope it's transparent and understandable) in the 3 dialog boxes about color / profiles of Edit menu of Photoshop CS5: