I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Does anyone know what camera this lens would fit? It doesn't fit my Canon EOS Rebel T1i. A friend got it for me, not knowing it wouldn't fit.

Thank you in advance.

Links go to larger versions of the lens pictures
enter image description here enter image description here


Since the letters "MC" are stamped on the ID ring along with the other information I would think it is a Minolta MC/MD mount lens. Even if the "MC" stand for "multi-Coated" and was printed on the lens for all of the various mounts for which it was made, the "MC" led me to compare it to the Minolta mount.

The bayonets match up with the Minolta pattern as does the "notch" in the bayonet opposite the aperture linkage lever. The only difference between the photo in the OP and the photo of a Minolta MD mount lens below is the direction in which the lens is oriented. They're both the same mount.

Minolta MC/MD SR mount

  • 3
    You may well be right, but mc often just stands for "multi coated"
    – osullic
    Oct 25 '16 at 6:41
  • Look at the photos of the mounts. They match up.
    – Michael C
    Oct 25 '16 at 6:42
  • 2
    The MC on those lenses stands for multi-coated. The Nikon version of that lens says the same thing.
    – Blrfl
    Oct 25 '16 at 10:38
  • Look at the photo in the OP and the photo of a Minolta MC/MD SR lens in the answer. They match up.
    – Michael C
    Oct 25 '16 at 19:44
  • 1
    @MichaelClark I don't think anyone's disagreeing with your conclusion - maybe just edit the first paragraph to remove the implication that "MC" is indicative of it being an MC/MD mount lens?
    – Philip Kendall
    Oct 25 '16 at 19:51

It looks like an old Nikon mount before the days of electronics in the lenses. It is macro zoom manual focus. Good for portraits now. Nice find and a great lens in its day. Just google it.

  • 1
    Nikon aperture levers are just inside one of the bayonet lugs, not between them as with this lens.
    – Michael C
    Oct 25 '16 at 5:28
  • @John H. Jensen, I tried but I can't seem to find one like this to get info
    – SueKW45
    Oct 25 '16 at 13:34
  • 1
    Just Google what exactly?
    – mattdm
    Oct 25 '16 at 20:51
  • 1
    That's what I was wanting to know what do I type in the search bar of google?
    – SueKW45
    Oct 27 '16 at 2:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.