I am shooting my first wedding in September and I have a Canon rebel t3i with a 50 mm 1.8 and I am trying to find a good lens under $900 dollars for the wedding so I am not stuck with just one lens. Any suggestions on what lens I should get next? I had looked into the 17-55mm 2.8? Is that any good?
I highly recommend not buying a lens for this wedding (after all, what's more important, using this as an opportunity to build you kit, or ensuring you're delivering a good product to your first customer?), and spending part of that money on renting another identical body, along with one or two lenses for the wedding.
Being stuck with a single lens is not as bad as missing a shot because you're swapping lenses. Plus, if your body craps out (batteries, breaks, etc.), you have another body.
Which lenses? That's been asked many times here. See:
- What Canon lenses do you suggest for wedding photography on a tight budget?
- Will a prime lens help me get better portraits at a wedding?
- Which one wide-medium lens to buy as the main lens for an outdoor wedding?
- Which one wide-medium canon lens is best for an indoor/outdoor wedding?
- Which Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 is better for wedding photography?
- Which Canon lens should I get for portraits/weddings?
For other beginning wedding shooting, see also:
And also search the wedding tag.