I have a:
- dSLR camera (Canon EOS) + no tripod
- latest commercial version of Adobe Acrobat
- a computer with internet
- frugal character
I also own a physically printed and bound book of over 600 pages I would like to convert to PDF.
What are methods/technologies/software features I can use to accomplish this
- without buying any new hardware (no extra physical tools one wouldn't have lying around the house)
- without destroying the book
- with as little time and effort as possible
Additional info (rather: clarifications) from reactions I've gotten:
It's my book. I'm not going to sell or give away the copy. Not planning anything illegal.
Having the end result pleasantly readable on digital screens is the striving.
The point is to make heavy/clunky books portable. Nobody wants to open (nor carry) 600-page books onto planes.
OCR is not a requisite -- even if it was, I can do that with Adobe Acrobat.