This question already has an answer here:

This is my first post here. I am new to photography. I am amazed with some of the beautiful works people are doing. Equally I have started to love the power of filters. I jus saw the following photo:

enter image description here

Can some please tell, what is the name of this filter? I wonder If there is any tutorial that helps to recreate this kind of clean nice effect.

Thank you in advance.

Image source: Link of the image source

marked as duplicate by mattdm, John Cavan Jul 2 '16 at 2:23

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Welcome to photo.stackexchange. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please tell us why you think there was a filter used for this image? Can you describe the "effect" you are striving for? – Stan Jul 2 '16 at 0:57
  • Thank you. Well probably not, so it can be a good question if any filter was apperantly used. By effect i meant, the white creamy feel. – Mohammad Saifullah Jul 2 '16 at 0:59
  • 1
    I don't think there's a filter used in this image... I'm also not really sure I see the "white creamy feel" here either. Looks like a shot done in bright light with some good contrast and, maybe, a bit of a brightness push. I think Matt has the right of it. – John Cavan Jul 2 '16 at 2:23

This image is a good example of a "high-key" photo.

Most everything in the shot is white, off-white, pastel, and in bright shade. The exception to indicate there is a full range of tones is the black hair of the subject.

Most every tone in the flat-lit shot is of relatively high luminance. The whites are clean neutrals without a colour cast. Again, the few dark areas show that the photograph is well-exposed. As white laces show against white shoes indicates the image is not over-exposed with the whites clipped.

This image gets its "feel" from the careful choice of subject, lighting, time of day, and composition.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.