This question already has an answer here:
I own a Nikon D5300 body, but wish to upgrade to a Pro FX body in future (not any time soon).
The reasons I'd like to choose the former are:
- The former is a lot cheaper
- I don't want to spend for what I won't need if I upgrade. I believe all Pro FX bodies have AF motor built inside the body. Hence, SWM in 'AF-S' lens is redundant
- The former is a bit lighter (~30gms)
- The former is dimensionally a bit smaller
- The optical performance, especially the Bokeh are comparable
The reasons I hesitate before making the purchase are:
- The later is said to have a better build quality (How better is the later compared to the former?)
- The former has an aperture ring which I am not at all familiar with (Is there any drawback of having an aperture ring apart from making the look of the lens messy?)
- The focus ring of the former turns when you focus. You can't touch it without disabling autofocus first
Can anybody please clarify my doubts? Apart from the points I have highlighted, is there any other major/minor concern which I have failed to take care of?