I have a Canon EOS 1200D, which uses LP-E10 batteries. I was wondering if anyone knows of a cable/adapter that can give the camera a continuous power supply from the wall, as I use it for live streaming a bit, and having it on battery for that when it is stationary is rather annoying.

How can I power the 1200D from mains (wall) power (not USB), rather than from batteries?

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Possible duplicate of Is there really no way to power a DSLR by USB? \$\endgroup\$
    – null
    Commented Apr 18, 2016 at 16:55
  • \$\begingroup\$ "Canon EOS 1200D power supply" as a web search? \$\endgroup\$
    – user31502
    Commented Apr 18, 2016 at 18:08
  • \$\begingroup\$ @jdv See my answer, already found it. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Apr 18, 2016 at 18:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ Similar question on the Nikon side of the fence: How can I run a Nikon D3100 from AC power? \$\endgroup\$
    – inkista
    Commented Apr 19, 2016 at 23:42

1 Answer 1


After a lot of searching, I found the DR-E10 DC Coupler on the Canon website. Clearly when I was originally searching I was using the wrong key terms in my searches on google.

More searching then revealed that that adapter doesn't have the AC cord with it, so a better option would be the Canon ACK-E10 Adaptor (not on Canon UK store, so found on Amazon | Was listed on the Canon US site for the Rebel T5 aka the 1200D)

  • \$\begingroup\$ You can get cheap knock off versions of the ACK-E10 for about 1/4 the price of the Canon version, at least in the U.S. you can. \$\endgroup\$
    – Michael C
    Commented Apr 18, 2016 at 23:53
  • \$\begingroup\$ @MichaelClark I found one for about £15 on Amazon. Will report back once it arrives. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Apr 19, 2016 at 11:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.