Google has recently released for free the Nik collection.
I downloaded it, and noticed that it does not work directly with raw files. However it seems to work with tiff files.
I am thinking that I can
- Shoot in RAW with my camera (Canon 700d)
- Use a free RAW converter (Canon DPP/Rawtherapee etc)
- Save a tiff file (to get the best quality as an intermediate format)
- Open image in Nik collection and make edits
- Save the resulting JPEG file
Is my assumption correct?
Update: I am not a pro photographer. I prefer to use my images SOOC. Doing any kind of post-processing in the exception and not the usual case. I have no problem with launching manually the Nik collection tools for a single image.