I ran a clothing photography shoot and encountered an issue in many photos.

If you see this image, there are some curved lines all over the item.

What are they and how could I remove them with Photoshop?

enter image description here

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ "When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, that's a moiré" \$\endgroup\$
    – lharby
    Commented Mar 1, 2016 at 12:32
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @lharby - I had a good chuckle at this comment. \$\endgroup\$
    – Gmck
    Commented Mar 2, 2016 at 19:41

1 Answer 1


What are they and how could I remove them on Photoshop?

That's called moiré -- it's similar to what you see on TV when someone wears a shirt or tie with narrow stripes that seem to vibrate. If you search for something like remove moire in photoshop you'll find plenty of articles with advice for removing. Here's one from photographylife.com.. An alternative is to use a photo editing program like Lightroom that has a tool for removing moiré built-in.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.