Is there a name in photography postprocessing for this kind of look?



How can it be achieved?

There are other photos of this sort, but I can't find them right now.

  • 1
    Possible terms for search engines: "high contrast" and Richard Avedon look. :) – inkista Jan 30 '16 at 17:03

I'm don't know what post-processing software you use, but I use the Clarity slider in Adobe Camera Raw to achieve the contrasty, gritty look you show. The more you slide to the right, the heavier the effect.

| improve this answer | |

It is called local contrast and micro-contrast enhancement, and many software tools call it "Clarity" or "Detail". E.g. see the Topaz Clarity showcase.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.