What would be the best way to increase Lightroom performance on my machine? I'm using the latest Cloud version from Adobe.
- Intel Core2Quad Q8300
- 8GB DDR2 RAM
- AMD HD3450 (old, OpenGL 2.1 support... not supported/working in LR)
- Windows 7 Pro 64bit
- 7200RPM HD across the board
The issue I'm having is that using the spot removal brush (currently tons of adjustments), will make LR laggy and I have to wait for the brush to come where I need it.
I tried on my Samsung R580:
- 4GB DDR3
- Nvidia 310M which supports OpenGL 3.3 (which is also the minimum on LR)
LR seems to be using the GPU as there is no indicated errors like with the HD3450.
With both machines, the same image will render a very laggy experience, where the cursor seems to catch up to where I need it to be.
- I have the latest version: 2015.3 (LR CC)
- My catalogue is 77MB
- The image giving me issues at the moment is 70MB in TIF format
- I typically don't have an issue, but those times I'm working with RAW files
- I unchecked the Catlogue setting that writes metadata to the TIF file, same performance issue.
- The amount of spot removal brushes, when activated, looks like I added snow to the picture :)
- Moved catalogue and cache folder to another hard drive
- Gave LR more cache to work with (default was 1GB), increased to 10GB
Problem persist. Lightroom will hover at 25% CPU just moving the cursor around in my mine field of spot adjustments.
File was tried on a friend's laptop (i5, 16GB DDR3) and there was some lag noticed.