I'd like to be able to quickly show other people a set of pictures, from a folder or a collection (I us both).
My current workflow ends with exporting every album as JPGs and keeping a collection of finished photos that I show others with Picasa. With Picasa I can:
- Show photos full screen
- Manually go back and forth between photos
- Get a nice short crossfade between the photos
I'd tried to do the same with Lightroom, without success. My attempts:
- Impromptu slideshow (CTRL+Enter). I have to wait too long (several minutes for big albums) at the 'Preparing Slideshow' dialog.
- Render 1:1 previews, then start Impromptu slideshow. Lightroom doesn't always react to arrow keys and there are no fades between the photos when I go to the next or previous photo. Also, I have no way of knowing what folders have 1:1 previews and how long they are stored.
- View full screen with the F key. There are no fades between the photos and if there are no 1:1 previews, loading takes long.