I wish to take pictures through my Televue Pronto using my α7R II camera. Is there an adapter to allow me to do this?


In most cases, we use a T-ring (42mm or 48mm) that is camera-brand-specific to connect to either a) the threads of the focuser tube, if it comes with threads


b) a generic standard size "T-adapter" which has male screw threads on one side that fit the T-ring female threads, and a "nosecone" on the other that slips into a focuser tube without screw threads. This nosecone will then be tightened by means of thumbscrews on the focuser tube.

I use a cheap eBay T-ring for the Sony E-mount for my A7S, which I then use both methods a) or b) depending on which scope I use. In your case, you can probably buy the required T-adapter from Televue, and find the matching T-ring online.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.