I can only print up to a c plot size photo. I want to segment a single jpeg image to make a much bigger (composite), image. How do I do this?


It sounds like you want to do a tiled print. There are ways to do it yourself in software such as photoshop and/or gimp. I have never tried doing it that way. There are also websites that do a pretty good job for you. I think those are more limited by file size so if you are working with a large file you will probably end up doing it yourself. Checkout http://www.blockposters.com/ or http://rasterbator.net/ and see if they do what you want. Also, checkout a fellow stackexchange post I found that I think covers how you would do it yourself in photoshop. Which involves using slices https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/7480/how-to-cut-a-large-photo-into-a-grid-of-smaller-photos-automatically-in-photosho Also, if you do not have photoshop or gimp you might try a tool specifically designed to do this called PosteRazor.


Irfanview can probably help you. Photoshop can do it too.

Can you show a link to a product like the one you want to make?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.