I have a crop lens. Can I fill a full-frame sensor adding an appropriate tele converter (focal length extender? Specifically, I have a 1/2" C-mount lens and terrible vignetting on a full frame camera. I assume, adding a 2X converter will double the actual image size thus filling the bigger sensor.


1 Answer 1


Your basic assumption about teleconverters is right. But you haven't done the math:

1/2" is 6.4mm x 4.8mm—doubled is still only 12.8mm x 9.6mm.

OTOH it's not unheard-of for tiny format lenses to have image circles well larger than their specification.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.