I found this photo on a flickr page and was wondering how to create those colours and what seems to be some kind of coloured filter added on top.

Subject images; https://flic.kr/p/tpEh5E https://flic.kr/p/umEEii

Similar unedited Image: https://flic.kr/p/umW83g

It's next to impossible to find an identical photo due to the secrecy amongst us planespotters in involved, in getting exclusive photos.

I have been told lightroom and Photoshop were used to create this effect.

  • \$\begingroup\$ This looks very much like a duplicate of photo.stackexchange.com/questions/156/… as there's nothing specific to the planespotting community about the processing that's shown here. \$\endgroup\$ Aug 12, 2015 at 22:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ I really casn not identyfy any filter... At the top, are not thoose clouds? \$\endgroup\$
    – Rafael
    Aug 12, 2015 at 22:59
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Rafael Yes those are clouds \$\endgroup\$
    – Edmund
    Aug 13, 2015 at 6:18
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Please describe the actual colors and filter in the question title, so this looks different from every other question about recreating some different image. Thanks \$\endgroup\$
    – mattdm
    Aug 13, 2015 at 18:59

1 Answer 1


It looks like a filter hasn't been used here.

Instead it looks like the photographer gas increased both the colour saturation and contrast of the image. And then to finish it off a vignette has been added.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.