On a recent trip the filter threads came loose on my Nikon 18-200, and some of the screws that held it in place where caught in the black sticker that covers them.

I peeled off the sticker, and surprisingly it looks like there was no damage, so I just screwed it all back together. I'm unsure whether I should try to reuse the sticker, or try to find a reasonable replacement; I can't really search for an answer since I have no idea what it's called.

1 Answer 1


Your best to phone your lens manufacturer and try and explain the part you want to replace. They will have a far greater knowledge of the components that make up the lens. They will also be able to provide you with the parts sometimes at no cost.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.