I'm working on an archiving project in which I'm scanning hundreds of old family photos, retouching them, adding metadata, and eventually hosting them for other family members to browse. I've checked out a couple of services for which I already have accounts (Flickr, Google Photos, Dropbox) but none seem to meet my specific needs:
- Free (or cheap < $100 a year)
- Good photo description/tag/metadata handling
- High picture quality capacity(no file size limits)
- The ability to sort/search based on certain metadata fields eg photos from 1940, photos of Grandma, Christmas photos
- Face tagging would be awesome, but just a bonus.
- Ease of browsing (Grandma needs to be able to use it)
Does anybody have any suggestions for possible solutions that might meet my needs ? A self-hosted solution is a possibility, provided its PHP/MySQL based. [Edit] I have hosting with PHP/MySQL already.