I need a camera that can be controlled by a computer. I have to take shot of some irregular steel plates that have corners marked with paint. What is important is that I get a good quality picture to see the painted spots.
- The camera will be fixed at the top of the building (25 feet from the target).
- The steel plate can be at the maximum 24 feet width by 12 feet height, so need to be able to take a shot of this size.
- The computer is about the same distance, so it needs a long wire (I've read that usb could not go longer than 5 meters?).
- The plate will be flat on a "table".
- There might be welding sparks, but we can try to avoid this.
- The camera is supposed to be fixed, so it needs to be permanently installed
- The painted spot needs to look the same color, so I don't know if a flash is going to change the brightness.
- It's supposed to take one picture for each plate that we work with.
- It's inside a shop, so it's not very bright (Maybe spot would be great?).
My real problem is that I can't find a good camera that can be used by a computer and also has the required qualities to take this type of shot.
I hope there is enought informations :)