My flash tube in my Elinchrom Style 600RX burned, and I am looking for a new flash tube for it. It is hard to find them in stock anywhere. I was wondering if I can just get another brand, or some generic flash tube of the same wattage — are they standard components?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Vistek.ca has the 24029 tube in stock, FWIW. \$\endgroup\$
    – user38275
    Mar 10, 2015 at 9:53
  • \$\begingroup\$ it has to be inside EU. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 10, 2015 at 11:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ What about flashtubes.eu? \$\endgroup\$
    – inkista
    Mar 10, 2015 at 22:49
  • \$\begingroup\$ ooh la lah. just what the doctor ordered. and tehy also ahve the modelling lamp which is also burned. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 11, 2015 at 7:25

1 Answer 1


Most likely yes - of the firing voltage is the same . I tried to find it for the 24029 but no luck . Anyway you don't wanna do this . The pulse duration will be different most likely, also it is not really guaranteed that the power setting will work correctly any more . You have a very nice flash head why would you want other then the original part .


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.