Recently I found my old digital 3.2 MPix point & shoot camera which has been mainly just sitting on my shelf for the last few years. I'd like to get it back to use, but since it is rather bulky and underpowered in nowadays standards I could dedicate it to some experimental DIY photography projects.
What I am asking is: What good DIY projects (which involves digital camera) do you know? Do you have any experiences? How were the results?
It is an old P&S, so I don't mind:
- tearing it apart and fiddling with its insides
- using it in projects that carries a risk of the camera being destroyed (e.g. kite photography)
- salvaging it to as a part of my other gear
Some tangentially related questions:
- DIY gear successfully made and used?
- I'm looking for projects that concerns the camera, not the gear. Though I accept if the project modifies the camera to be part of the gear
- What to do with an old film camera?
- The question is about film cameras, and the answers aren't really project-oriented (with 1 exception)
- What are good photography projects?
- These are more photographing projects, though dedicating the P&S to one project might be a good idea (e.g. keeping it in the bathroom and taking a morning glory -shot every morning for a year. But this is a bit offtopic (not much DIY here).
I've found some photography related projects at Instructables, but they are also rather gear-oriented.
As this is a community wiki, please limit one project per post and give at least a short description. If you have your own results to show - even better!