enter image description here

Wood is a large image of wood, the red is what is shown. I have this on a PSD sent to me and I'd like to know how to do this to be able to add another texture as this would be amazing help!

  • 5
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because this question has not relation to photography. Maybe try googling clipping mask or search the graphic design SE Feb 25 '15 at 9:54
  • I did have this on Stackoverflow and they told me to post here... Feb 25 '15 at 10:06
  • LOL, those Graphic Design guys need some reality adjustment. This is far more the technical aspect of design than photography...
    – TFuto
    Feb 25 '15 at 12:58
  • @TimMarshall Do you have a link to the StackOverflow question? I'll pop over and re-educate them :-)
    – Philip Kendall
    Feb 25 '15 at 13:17

If you're on Windows, hold left Alt key and click between layers - the top one will "clip" - just try, and you'll figure it out ;)


It is called Clipping Masking, see this link.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.